It’s time to grow. With confidence.
As a small business owner, it’s hard to know where to turn. You’re growing, and it’s time to add to your team. But are you really ready to hire someone? And how the heck do you do it? Where do you start without falling down a help-wanted rabbithole?
One of the downsides of small business is that there’s no human resources department to direct these questions to. There’s no hiring manager to make sure you get it right (without blowing through a week’s worth of applications—and several bottles of wine). Growing your team is hard.
Before your hiring journey turns into a hot mess express, let’s talk.
Working with sproutHR is like having your own personal HR department, at a fraction of the cost. It’s the protection you need so you’re not stressed about asking the right (and wrong) questions and you can hire confidently—whether that’s an independent contractor or an honest-to-goodness employee.
I help you…
- Simplify the HR process, so you can stop wasting time and spinning your wheels
- Get clear on what (and who) you really need to grow your team, the right way
- Think about the big picture, so you can plan and prepare for the future of your business
- Avoid the “pants on fire” syndrome that so many entrepreneurs face
- Learn how to onboard and train new team members, so they always start on the right foot
- Develop the leadership skills you need to guide and manage your new team (without feeling icky, bossy or awkward)
And, most importantly, I guide you in understanding the steps you need to take when you hire new team members. So you can stop wasting time (and losing sleep) and just hire the right person—the first time, already.
“My favorite part about working with sproutHR was Ashley’s approachable demeanor and ability to thoroughly explain sometimes complicated concepts and apply them to my unique situation. You will feel so much better about the hiring process after talking to Ashley!”
— Theresa Delaney, Creative Tribe
Ready to move forward?
Let’s hire that first team member or nurture and grow your team further.
“I love that Ashley tailored our consultation to be exactly what I needed. I also loved that we met via video and she recorded our call so that I could refer back to it whenever. If you’re looking to expand your team, you must set up a consultation with Ashley. The process of hiring employees can be extremely overwhelming, especially when you’re a solopreneur or it’s your first time, and you want to make sure you’re doing things right!”
— Arianna Vargas, Arianna Belle
Stop asking yourself:
- But how do I go about hiring someone?
- Where do I find the right person? Someone who loves my business like I do?
- Wait...I have to interview someone?
- What if it doesn’t work out?
- Do I need to train them?
- What hours will they work?
- Do I need someone in-house or virtual?
- How will we communicate?
- How will I know how to onboard someone, and then lead a team?
- What if I mess up? How do I recover from that?
- Will I be able to let go and delegate?
- ...along with about 147 other questions, right?
Don’t see exactly what you’re looking for here? Let’s chat! You’ll get expert input on what services and resources you need, without the huge price tag you’ll get from an HR agency.
As an added bonus, I’m a small business owner too. I provide exactly the perspective you need—from someone who knows the ins and outs of growing a team and a livelihood from nothing but a dream. And you’ll work directly with me, so not only will I hear you, I’ll listen too. No upselling. No unrealistic expectations. Just solid, actionable steps that work for you and your business.
It’s hard to take a step back and look at your business objectively and with fresh eyes. Together, we’ll dig deep into your questions about growing your team and I’ll help you prioritize your next steps. You’ll gain a clear understanding of what you need to do to feel calm, cool and collected about taking action!
During this 90-minute session, we’ll
- Create a strategy for growing your team to meet your business needs
- Determine what tasks you need to delegate and the roles you need to fill in your business
- Decide whether you need an employee or a contractor (and why this distinction is so important)
- Establish a timeline for when to hire new team members
- Review the documents you need so you can create a strong foundation for your team
As an added bonus, I’ll give you my list of trusted professionals who can help you take care of your legal and accounting needs as you grow! It’s like my little black book of business ownership.