Hey there, I’m Ashley, the HR Partner for Creatives. I’m so excited to meet you!
Through my company, sproutHR, I help creative entrepreneurs learn all about how to hire, train, and lead a thriving team.
- excited about your growing business, but are feeling nervous about hiring your first employees?
- a pretty savvy business owner, but have been wasting a ton of time trying to figure things out on your own?
- desperate to hire some help, but you want to do it the right way (and avoid upsetting the IRS)?
- concerned about being a great leader, since you’ve never actually led a team before?
Then it’s time to ditch the worry and overwhelm and replace it with confidence so you can begin taking action!!
I’ve dedicated the past decade of my life to learning and growing my knowledge in Human Resources, practiced the essential skills of hiring, training and leading a team myself, and have spent countless hours educating and training others on how to do the same. Take a look:
- Over 10 years of experience in Leadership and Human Resources in the corporate world.
- Multi-passionate creative business owner – I own not one, but two creative businesses, so I totally know where you’re coming from!
- Life-long learner dedicated to educating myself and sharing that knowledge with others.
- Developed major corporate programs for recruiting, hiring, training, and development for major organizations, include a Fortune 25 Company.
- I received my Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration (with concentrations in Management and Marketing) from Concord University.
- I hold a PHR (Professional in Human Resources) Certification from the Human Resources Certification Institute.
- I hold a SHRM-CP (SHRM Certified Professional) Certification from the Society for Human Resource Management.
Should we work together?
I work best with creative business owners who:
- have been in business for 6+ months.
- have a business plan and strategy to grow their business.
- are ready and willing to do the work, because hiring and leading a team ain’t easy, y’all!
- take feedback well and understand it’s part of the growing process.
- run their business with integrity and heart.
- are invested in learning and growing in order to reach their goals.
It’s probably not going to work out with folks who:
- don’t currently own their own business or have not been in business at least 6 months.
- lack direction in their business or are unclear of what their next steps are.
- don’t want to be involved in the process.
- are sensitive to hearing the hard truths about business and leadership. Growing pains are real, my friend, and we’re going to explore it all.
- run their businesses with sketchy tactics and without concern for others.
- have no interest in learning from others or growing their skill set to reach their goals.
A little more about me:
- I call Wild, Wonderful West Virginia home and am proud of my southern roots, but am currently living in Northeast Tennessee.
- I’m wife to an amazingly supportive, patient and loving guy named Mike, who can always make me laugh, and I’m momma to our quirky rescue dog, Myla Mayhem, who’s a beautiful border collie-hound mix.
- Family, and friends who are like family, are so important to me and always come first in my life.
- I simply can’t imagine living my life without traveling, reading or music –be prepared to spend the afternoon chatting away about my eclectic interests if you ask me about my favorites!
- I believe that HR can (and should!) be a fun part of your business!!
My passion and talent is to help you gain clarity around the HR parts of your business, so you can grow your thriving team with confidence and heart!
Real Clients Say:
“Ashley is so knowledgeable with HR and the hiring process! She took the stress out of hiring my first employee by providing me with action steps, clarity and a strong plan. She also provided some great tips on how to maintain a great working environment for my new employee so I can have a strong retention rate and create an enjoyable atmosphere.” ~ Lauren Black, Legacy Loft